Arriving on Site
Most site opening time's if not stated in the ‘Out & About’, are 12 Noon on the first day of the meet (usually a Friday), however, it's worth checking with the Steward in advance. Please do not arrive earlier than the stated time unless you have previously phoned the Steward and received his or her permission to arrive early. Please be aware that if you do arrive any earlier then you may be asked to move.
On entering the site please observe the 5MPH rule (walking pace) and report to the Stewards unit to ‘Book In’. The Steward will generally have their unit set up close to the site entrance and they will have a STEWARDS sign outside their unit. This is the only formality all weekend and in itself is very informal.
When booking in your Steward will ask you for your membership cards and payment. They will inform you of the location of the water point and Elsan disposal point and will advise of events (if any) planned for the duration of the meet.
You are then free to pitch your unit anywhere within the site boundaries ensuring only that you are a minimum of 6m (20 foot) clear of any other unit. This includes awnings, tents and windbreaks.
- Please observe the 5mph speed limit whilst on site. This is to safeguard all on site, but in particular the many children that attend, all of whom are having too good a time to pay any attention to traffic on site.
- You should always keep 6m (20’) between units so as to give your neighbour some privacy and to ensure that in the unfortunate event of fire in one unit that no other unit is affected and also to allow access for fire fighters.
- A fire bucket, filled with water should be kept by the front of your unit. This will be extremely handy in the event of a fire in a unit when the collective effect of everyone’s fire buckets can prevent a small problem becoming a major one. In hot weather they also provide drinking water for animals.
- After 11 at night and before 7 in the morning we all try to keep noise to a minimum, and vehicle movements are not allowed unless in an absolute emergency. This is so as not to disturb those who wish to sleep.
- Dogs are welcome at all meets. All considerate dog owners will appreciate that whilst on site; dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and will remember to clean up behind their pets.
- When you leave site we ask that you ensure that you leave the area around your pitch as clean as when you arrived to save the Steward the task.